Is it actually better to have sex clean shaven?

So me and someone I’m currently dating had a question we brought to attention to each other. Is sex much better when both people are completely shaved?
He used to shave around pelvic area but afterwards began letting his hair grow out after finding out that I actually really love hair. There’s something about running my hands through hair that I just love!
I personally also prefer just trimming my vagina since 1) too much of a hassle to keep up with being clean shaven and 2) I get concerned about leaving my vagina vulnerable to infections and such by removing all the hair.
We were just having some fun sex talk and he said “don’t forget that the day we get intimate you may want to shave.” From his understanding he’s only known that womxn prefer being clean shaven because supposedly it feels much better to have sex. He doesn’t have a preference but he left it as a suggestion to me, to which I questioned the thought. Does it feel better? Should I shave before being intimate because maybe it’ll feel better? I’ve only been intimate with two people and both times I was only ever very trimmed. In some ways it wasn’t enjoyable but because sometimes foreplay was lacking and also I didn’t realize till a couple months ago that I’m sensitive to latex condoms.
So now I just wonder…

1 Like

I have noticed that with self-pleasure whenever my vulva or anus is more clean-shaven I feel more of the sensations without a barrier of hair there. I feel that sometimes having pubic hair (especially when you have thick, dark hair like mine) can make it harder to feel the full intensity of the sensations you are experiencing. Although tugging or pulling on pubic hair would provide its own kinds of sensations, so there really isn’t an entire loss with having pubic hair at all. I think it depends on how intense you like the sensations to feel, like someone that doesn’t really care for super intense intercourse might prefer having hair there as a kind of “buffer,” but at the end of the day all it really comes down to is what YOU are comfortable with and what makes you comfortable in your body! I hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you this was very helpful! I think I understood what you meant by the sensations being more noticeable. Most times I use a dildo and I personally feel fine while having hair. It’s not like a full on bush but it’s trimmed close enough so it doesn’t get in the way for me. But at the end of the day what helps me climax is clitoral stimulation so I think part of me had a hard time understanding what may I be missing out on in not being clean shaven.
I guess I’ll try it out someday to see if I notice anything different that’s worth doing again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

One of my favourite sensations at the end of the day is laying on clean sheets with freshly-shaved legs and vulva-area and direct contact with a fav toy. I find everything is a bit more intense that way, and at the very least, very luxurious-feeling, I don’t remove all of my hair - without waxing, i find it hard as a black person to shave all the way with razors alone, but I do find all sensations Increase with little to no pubic hair.

2 Likes

Ah!! You make it sound so nice! I gotta try that out, thank you for the response. A couple times I have completely shaved but sometimes it gets uncomfortable when I feel the prickles. Especially at the area closest to my clit, but I’m unsure if maybe it’s because I shave incorrectly or maybe I’m not using the best razor. I have thick-ish black hair because as a Latina body hair is so intense as well!

3 Likes

THIS!!! Always with any body modification, including body hair.

So, I don’t think there is a specific “yes, it’s better or no it’s not” answer to this, but 100% a personal preference. Lucid is right, if you have a lot of hair it could get caught in a toy and be its own sensation play, or if you just shaved or waxed your skin and body might react differently, things might be more amplified or sensitive.

Personally? I don’t shave at all. When I have in the past, it only irritated my skin more and made me uncomfortable. But, I have fine hair, so my full bush isn’t that bushy (which is a personal bummer because I’m a full bush fan and would love to have one if I wanted but alas, ha), and so shaving or waxing or trimming is really more just a hassle for me personally. I still have a lot of sensitivity and don’t notice any reduction in that with having hair. If anything, it sorta tickles and adds to the sensation when someone is giving me oral. And my longterm partner is a fan of it, although if he wasn’t and complained well, I would find a new partner because my body :slight_smile:

So truly, do whatever works and feels good for you!

3 Likes

Have you tried going and getting waxed? It’s def. easier and safer vs. a razor when you get closest to your clit.

And just saw you and skulls responses, I def. think hair texture plays a big part for preference with this too! Like I mentioned, I have fine, not coarse hair, so I don’t notice a lot of difference. If my hair was thicker and more coarse, I think the sensation would be totally different with shaved vs. not, a lot more sensation.

4 Likes

I have not personally tried waxing that area because I’ve always felt a bit fearful if it would hurt :sweat_smile:
But I would be willing to look into it! Thank you so much for both responses! I think it’s super helpful to hear everyone’s thoughts on the subject

4 Likes