Suggestions on Hair & Sex

So I know pubic hair is totally natural and I personally prefer to keep things trim but not shave all the way down because I don’t like the regrowth itching.

I recently got a new sexual partner and the chemistry is amazing! He told me he didn’t mind hair at all but still preferred things trimmed the way I do. Our only problem is that in any position except missionary he says it feels like the pubic hairs surrounding the vaginal entrance feel like they are stabbing/poking him uncomfortably.

I’ve shaved myself and even had him shave me in the area he’s talking about, he says it feels much better but still feels uncomfortable. I’ve been with various other people in the past and have never had this issue- he could totally just be that sensitive. It’s weird to me how he would never have encountered this with any other women he’s slept with though unless they all waxed or never had hair.

I have no idea how I can make the situation less uncomfortable for him aside from waxing, but that’ll be an additional process of letting things grow back out long enough to be waxed. I’ve just never encountered this before and I’ve been with penis-having partners before where we both had a full bush, we were both bare, or one had hair and the other didn’t- they never shared anything if it was uncomfortable in the five year span. I think we need to use significantly more lube in general for it to not hurt him because I’m fine with the amount we currently use and have no pain whatsoever.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

3 Likes

There are a few salves I can think of that might help cut down on irritation, soften the skin and any hairs.

Momotaro’s salve would be one I’d try, it’s great for a variety of irritation and is safe to use on the vulva. We actually had a recent piece over on Spectrum Journal about using it. We’re sold out right now, but it’s def. worth keeping an eye out for and checking it out, it’s great for just general vulva care!

Coochy also has an ingrown hair oil that in general helps with stubble and course hairs. They also have a preventative after shave spray that should help be a first line of defense right after trimming.

Of course these aren’t great to use with barriers, just an FYI, really more products to use on the regular to hopefully help build up a softer surface and help with any irritation. I think using more lube is a great idea, it’s for sure the easiest/fastest thing to try. But trying to build up some conditioning might help long term, which the salve and oil would be great for.

I’m not a waxer myself, and my hair is pretty fine, but a lot of friends that do prefer waxing because of the smoother finish. But the grow out period does really suck! Keeping lube nearby for him to reapply, and playing around with positions to see if any others work better for him is probably the first thing I’d try.

1 Like

I am with u i keep it ap
It all trimed up

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely look into those products because I can’t keep shaving the hair regrowth on the daily, I know it’s uncomfortable for him but doing that just leads to irritation and ingrown hairs for me ugh.

I do have a chronic iron deficiency which may be affecting how course my head and body hair is, so the regular conditioning would probably help! Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like