First time buying dildo, help?

I’m, like many other people, unable to see my boyfriend. I’m looking for advice on buying a dildo for the first time? Like, how do you choose one?

4 Likes

Hi Meggy and welcome to the forum!

The amount of options can be overwhelming, ha, but toys are great for solo play or mutual masturbation from afar, and once this is all said and done, fun to use together.

Are you looking for just a straight up classic dildo, or a vibrator, or a bit of both? What are you looking for in a toy?

For example, I usually get off from clitoral stimulation, so I stick to vibrators and suction toys for that, although I do use those in tandem with just a classic dildo sometimes. It’s personal preference. I know when I bought my first toy, it was one of those rabbit knockoff type of toys, and realized that moving beads in a shaft and thrusting in a toy was not my jam, ha, so it’s a lot of thinking what you want personally.

3 Likes

There are so many factors that can be considered! Do you know what size girth is pleasurable for you? Are you working within a specific price range? As for materials, silicone is usually a safe bet! It’s sterilizable, flexible, and there’s a whole array of colors, shapes, and textures to choose from.

3 Likes

something I like to do, whether i’m looking to buy or not, is to have a couple of things in my mind as to what I like and then just browse dildos!
be aware of price, but to begin with just look and see what you are attracted to in the world of dildos :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There is so much out there, and you know you best! But yeah, I’d suggest browsing loads and reading reviews… phallophilereviews.com has some really helpful information and also some really great videos demonstrating dildo … uh… squishiness?

I’ve had my eye on the blush real nude suko for a while now but i have to wait till I can afford it haha

3 Likes