Lube opinions or suggestions

Have you ever tried a lube that ppl rant about and your like, MEH. I’m curious to see what ppl here use. Do you have different ones for oral, Vaginal, or anal? Wondering if the effectiveness of the lube is based more on the ph/chemical reaction based on the user more than the chemical make up of the lube itself… all I know is I hate when it goes on slick then changes to glue a minute later. Granted I dont mind being stuck to my partner, but we have kids. So may get awkward… lol

2 Likes

I’ve actually only started using lube a few weeks ago. I use a water based lube calls Jelly from Unbound. All my life I only used lotion or oil to get off. Guy btw. When I got lube for the first time I was like “da hell is this?” I got it out the bottle and it came out in a gel state. I rubbed it on and it was super slippery but then basically disappeared and afterward I felt sticky like a movie theater floor. For choking the chicken I just used lotion but for fingering myself I find the Jelly lube works very well.

I felt that way when trying Uberlube, which I know is popular. I just wasn’t a fan of the texture. I use Sliquid H2O vaginally. It has a thin and natural texture. It dries cleanly (no stickiness!) although it does tend to dry out fast, so reactivating with water is frequently needed. Personally, I don’t mind that trade off, since it’s so gentle on my sensitive skin.

2 Likes

That a sliquid gets sticky with me/us. Well no addition of water. Might have to bust out the latex sheet and go all out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And I haven’t tried the jelly from unbound. I will occasionally use a massage oil for a quick “rub down”. But I haven’t found one that can go internally.

1 Like

After testing lubes for a local toy store in my hood, ha, I’ve become a total snob! Anything by KY or the type you can get at drug stores are meh, and KY really fucked with me.

I def. use different ones for anal and vaginal, dependent on toy type too. I think effectiveness is likely a mix of how a body reacts (which can vary so widely) and also what type of lube you’re using.

If you’re getting sticky/tacky, I’ve had that issue with some water based lubes. Silicon based lube is the best for not having those issues, but you can’t use it with all toys. I’m going to highlight a few favorites below, including one that is great for massage into internal play!

Slippery Stuff: Water-based, but re-wets pretty easily with even spit or water. Felt less tacky than other water-based brands, used this for years although last few bottles switched to Sliquid. Even used this for anal play, the pump bottle came in handy when I needed a little more to reactive if it started to dry out. https://spectrumboutique.com/slippery-stuff-gel-water-based-lubricant.html

Uberlube: Heard amazing things about this! It is silicone-based, so can stain and not compatible with all toys, but for a silicone lube, especially for folks with sensitive skin, I’ve heard nothing but great stuff: https://spectrumboutique.com/uberlube-silicone-lubricant.html

Pjur: A gold standard for years for silicon-based lube that is also safe with condoms: https://spectrumboutique.com/pjur-original-silicone-based-lube.html

Sliquid silk hybrid: Ok, this is the one you want for massages! And I mean, I’m just going to copy the copy from the website because this stuff is the jam: “This creamy hybrid lube gives you the best of both worlds – the long lasting abilities of silicone lube and the easy cleanup of a water based lube. It can also be used for a sensuous massage, allowing you to transition from external to internal use unlike oil-based massage creams. Designed with sensitive bodies in mind, Sliquid Organics Silk is infused with aloe and emollient esters. While this formula is very similar to Sliquid Silk, it may not be compatible with ALL silicone toys, therefore we recommend patch-testing this lube on your toy before going all-in!” https://spectrumboutique.com/sliquid-organics-silk-hybrid-lube.html

Also would highly suggest checking out a lube sampler. This one from Sliquid is great, because it has a few samples of a few favorites, both water and silicon-based, so a nice way to try a few different blends without committing to a whole bottle. Plus, like I mentioned earlier, I really enjoy Sliquid brand. I have sensitive skin and their stuff is great, and for oral have some interesting good flavors! Highly recommend them for both solo and partner play: https://spectrumboutique.com/sliquid-lube-cube-sampler.html

3 Likes

@LisaW Have you tried any of the Sliquid Swirl flavors? I’ve been looking into getting one but I can’t decide which one! I’m currently leaning towards green apple.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. My plan for V-day was to give her a total body rub down. But I hurt myself and put those plans on hold. Then with quarantine… to many ppl in the house at all times!

3 Likes

@plumpuddin I haven’t, but we were chatting about lubes during Touch Yourself Tuesday broadcast, and so I asked both Carly and Zoe what their favorite flavors are and here is what they said :slight_smile:

Carly said she loves the blackberry fig flavor because “It reminds me of being at a farmers market, I feel like a really bougie bitch.” HA, love it.

She also said the pink lemonade one is great for oral and making you salivate because of the tartness.

Zoe’s favorite is green apple!

2 Likes

I love those responses!! But at the same time, they’re completely unhelpful because they all sound delicious :green_heart:

4 Likes

Ha, true! I’d go with Zoe’s favorite if you were leaning that way as well, and would think the tartness of green apple would be similar to what Carly mentioned for pink lemonade too.

2 Likes

I can vouch for Sliquid! It was the only lube I used for a while before I discovered coconut oil (which is great for solo play, but if you are using condoms or any latex material the coconut oil will weaken/ disintegrate it)

3 Likes

My wife loves it. I highly recommend it.

2 Likes

We use water based for oral play or toy play. Silicone for vaginal. My wife’s birth control implant has run out while in quarantine so we’re having to use water based lube and condoms. We tend to avoid water based exactly because of having that stickiness.

3 Likes

I use Slippery Stuff for anal and Sliquid H2O for vaginal fisting. We’ve had a ton of trial and error lubes and once we found slippery stuff, we were sold! You can buy a 32 oz pump bottle from Spectrum!

3 Likes

I’ve only tried Sliquid Sassy for both Anal and handjobs.
Not certain maybe I should try more… haha

2 Likes

I use Water Slide lube. It does a pretty good job, unless you try to use it in the shower. If the toy is already wet, it’ll run right off.

2 Likes