Tips on becoming a sexual educator?

I’ve always been super interested in sexual education but there’s still so much taboo around it. Any tips on getting into it?
Thanks!

1 Like

Depending on where you live, there can be a wide variety of places. Since I am fortunate enough to live in , I’ve gotten training from San Francisco sexual institute and various trainings from my jobs at Larkin Street Youth Services and my volunteering for St James infirmary. I am actually HIPAA certified for St James and Larkin Street. I can also give out narcan to the homeless if I were to see someone overdosing. if you don’t have the resources, there are various websites and books that should help you get started. Depending on how you want to teach sex, then it’s a little bit harder to find those niches. but there’s always one for you resource and that is the internet, especially YouTube. I have learned so many things from sexplanations, Hannah witton, Stevie Boebi, etc.
You can even start on San Francisco sexual institute’s website. Just go to sfsi.org and you can get started there. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks! That really helps :grin:

2 Likes

No worries! Knowledge is power and there is always something new to learn in sexualities.

3 Likes

This is very helpful and if you don’t mind, I’d like to tag along on this topic. I’m considering a similar approach, mostly for men who are either unfamiliar with or probing the concept of sensual intimacy. Like, how does one get started?

1 Like

i’m not as active here. please message me. just google “tallasianchick”
lol.

1 Like