Queer Memoir & Theory

Has anyone here read Maggie Nelson’s The Argonauts? I read it last year and absolutely loved it, and now I’m reading it again for a paper I’m writing. Since there is a lot of theory in the book I don’t remember much of it so I’m enjoying my second read as much as the first. It’s SO GOOD! I’m posting this to see if anyone has anything they’d like to say about the book, or if anyone would like to recommend more queer theory/ memoirs. I have never come across another memoir like this, as it combines feminist, psychoanalytic & queer theory. Not to mention Nelson is a poet, and the whole book is lyrical.

1 Like

I wasn’t familiar with this book, so I looked it up. Turns out, my local library has it available for digital borrowing! I’ll see if I can find the time to check it out. I haven’t read anything quite like it before!

1 Like

I’ve had it on my to read list forever, thanks for reminding me to get it!

Have you read any of Eileen Myles work? Even though fiction, Chelsea Girls and Cool For You are wonderful. She’s a poet as well, so same thing about it feeling lyrical, immediately made me think of her work.

Just finished catching up on more of Ocean Vuong’s work as well. Just staggeringly gorgeous queer poetry.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of Eileen Myles! Thanks for the recommendation! I read On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous for a class this semester :slight_smile: So good

1 Like