Book recommendation topic

What books on sex, sexuality, relationships, kink and all things related have had an impact on the people you are today? Have they helped you have a better understanding of your mind, body, desires and relationship dynamics? I want to read them all!

6 Likes

Hello!
I’ve just started getting into reading books on sexuality/relationships but “The New Topping Book” by Dossie Easton has been a great read thus far presenting information about healthy BDSM relationships, information which can be applied generally to all types of relationships. The themes within this book on honest communication, respect, consent, and emotional presence are amazing and so versatile. I have yet to read “The New Bottoming Book” by the same author but I assume the other book would provide similar useful information about relationship/communication management.

“She Comes First” by Ian Kerner is also a good book that provides a thoughtful perspective on the AFAB orgasm but with a male perspective that questions, counters, and corrects common misconceptions of vaginal/clitoral orgasms. Though the book focuses primarily on interactions with AFAB bodies, the book still provides some very interesting and useful information about AFAB individuals’ orgasms.
There are a few more that I can add at a later time but I can’t think of them off the top of my head. The others I’ve read provide more general information I already knew about so they are less prominent in my memory but they can still be of great use to others seeking info on gender and sexualities.

1 Like

when i was much much younger i found Jack Morin’s Anal pleasure & Health helpful when i first started sticking things in my butt in a systematic way.

3 Likes

Bumping this thread in hopes more people will share their recent reads! I have so much time on my hands now that we’re in iso!

3 Likes

@Sunstone i agree :joy: I need a good list to kill the time

1 Like

@Fee Oh! Actually, It’s not a book but if you’re looking for some half decent fiction, a comic on The website deviantart by the name of ‘sunstone’ has some really amazing kink focus story and art. It’s all free to read but I definitely recommend buying their comics!

5 Likes

@Sunstone heck yes! I’ll check it out! Thank you so much :grin:

1 Like

“sex at dawn” by Frederick Toates changed my life.
Esther Perel’s first book “sex in captivity” really helped me understand how to help monogamous couples when I eventually become a sex coach. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“The Ethical Slut” was one of the first books that really opened my eyes to poly / non-monog relationships and navigating some of the difficulties, absolutely great read- I wish I had it to read in iso but of course I leant it to a friend!
I’m currently trying to get through “The Body Keeps The Score” however am allowing myself breaks as needed. It’s a very widely recommended book on trauma and from what I’ve read is very enlightening however I have needed quite a lot of breaks to recover from it.

2 Likes

One of my favourites is Blue is the Warmest Colour, it’s a bit cliche, and I know some people don’t like it, but it’s was one of the first LGBTQ books I read and as a queer woman felt a deep emotional connection to the characters. It’s also a quick read because it’s a graphic novel, so if you want to have a sexy and emotionally exhausting day I’d highly recommend!

1 Like

@Peachyqueen I’ve been meaning to read that book! I’m in my first poly relationship and there’s not many/any people in my core friend group who have experience to talk about it :scream::sleepy:

2 Likes

The Jealousy Workbook by Kathy Labriola is amazing! I highly recommend to all of my friends regardless of their relationship styles/orientations (nonmonogamous, monogamous, polyamorous, etc).

2 Likes

I highly recommend A Quick & Easy Guide to Trans & Queer Identities by Mady G and J.R. Zuckerberg. It’s exactly what it sounds like! It’s a very sweet and simple book with vibrant imagery. I found it relaxing and affirmative to read, as a queer and non-binary person. It’a a great book to recommend to young people, but is still enjoyable and educational for people of all ages. I certainly found myself wishing I had it as a teen.

2 Likes

OH ALSO “GAMES OF DESIRE” AND “LAID” BY SHAN BOODRAM. https://www.amazon.com/Shannon-Boodram/e/B07QF665TQ%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share

2 Likes

Stella Harris has a book called Tongue Tied that’s a great tool for unlocking your ability to communicate

http://stellaharris.net/books/

3 Likes

Will read! For those looking for the book, here it is:

1 Like