Couples separated by border closures?

Long story short, I am a circus artist and a visual artist and because of my job as a performer I get many jobs in different places in the world meaning me and my partner are frequently long distance. Now considering this whole pandemic I had to return home (Canada) and my partner who is American was set to meet me in Canada. Unfortunately the borders closed before we were able to be reunited. This sucks a lot of course, but it gave me inspiration.

I had started a long distance series of paintings about a year and a half ago in relation to my experiences with this type of relationship. But after reading more stories of people who are barred from seeing their partners due to border closures, it inspired me to widen my series a bit.

Essentially I am looking for couples who are separated specifically by border closures in any country who would be interested in being part of this. I am just looking for some reference photos of simple figure poses.

If you are interested in this, I can contact you and go into detail of exactly what I am looking to paint as a whole and provide some of my portfolio to give you an idea of my style.

Let me know if you have interest in this. If not, I’d love to hear about your situation in general to not feel so fucking alone with this situation. Everything I see online is couples quarantining together and I always feel like I’m the only one with this situation (even though I know I’m not)

Cheers!

4 Likes

Yooo this sounds dope! It’s such a cool idea to bring separated couples back together! I’d totally be down if I had a boyfriend :point_right::point_left:
Regardless it sounds like a super fun project!

I’m not what you’re looking for but I wanted to wish you the best of luck with your project! This sounds really cool. I’m glad you’re able to find inspiration in this awful situation, although I am still sorry you’re dealing with this. Hope you and your partner can be reunited ASAP! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you guys for your support!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes